A new cat building is under construction!
Feline Urgent Rescue of Western North Carolina, Inc.
As guardians of displaced felines, our mission is to provide a safe haven for cats, thereby reducing the homeless population, the shelter euthanasia rates, and by filling a gap in the rescue community as a last resort sanctuary.
Our group consist solely of volunteers who share the passion for helping homeless cats to find loving homes, compassionate care to unadoptable cats, and assisting feral colonies and support to their caretakers with food, shelter and medical needs.
We accomplish our mission (a) through foster and adoption of socialized cats and (b) with a comfortable, cage-free environment for unadopted cats, including ferals and those unlikely to find permanent homes.
Our target population includes feral litters, senior cats, special needs cats, and cats displaced due to family crises or habitat destruction.
As feline advocates, we collaborate with local animal welfare groups that support:
- Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) projects that sterilize free-roaming strays (“community cats”) and assist with their nutritional, medical, and shelter needs;
- Rehoming owned cats through Internet-based resources such as PetFinder and Facebook; and
- Public education on anti-cruelty, the importance of spay/neuter, and on caring for homeless cats through foster and adoption.
Did you know…
- There are over 10,000 free-roaming cats in Haywood County
- A female cat & her offspring can produce as many as 420,000 kittens in just 7 years!
Contact us about becoming a sponsor!